In processing the information you supply us, we strive to comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 as well as the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
1. What information is collected?
We may collect the following information when you use our website:
- your name, postal address, telephone and fax numbers, email address, password and/or company details;
- your billing information such as debit and credit card numbers including the expiry dates, three digit security codes listed at the back of debit and credit card numbers;
- information regarding your accommodation needs including any special requirements
- information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, in order for us or providers to provide you with further correspondence about products or services.
- details of any disabilities that may affect you receiving any services offered through the Providers.
We collect this information only when you supply it to us. When we collect information from you, we will identify ourselves and inform you of the purpose for which we are collecting your information. If we are collecting information from you on behalf of the providers, we will identify the relevant provider and explain that we are acting as agent on behalf of the provider in the collection of your information.
2. What do we do with the information we collect?
We use your information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- to improve our services
- to process your queries made via the search facilities listed on our website and to correspond with you about such queries;
- to monitor site traffic;
- to register you with our website
- to contact you for market research purposes
We will also pass on the information you supply us to the providers to enable them to:
- to process your reservations, booking enquiries, payments and any other queries;
- to send you details of your reservations or booking information and to contact you if they have trouble processing your booking, payments, requests or queries;
- to verify details relating to any requests for any information or requests which you make online; and
We may contact you by e-mail, phone, fax or mail, unless you have registered with the appropriate telephone/mail/fax preference service.
3. Direct marketing
Discover the Garden of England limits the collection and use of your information. We only collect such information as is required to deliver the high standards of service, to inform you about the products and services we offer, and to administer our business.
We may use your information to inform you about new features, promotions, special offers and other information which we think you may find interesting via post, email or telephone. When you provide us with information, you will be given the option to let us know that you do not want your information used for direct marketing purposes either by us. If you request this option, we will not send you any direct marketing material.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive information regarding Discover the Garden of England, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. With whom is this information shared?
We may transfer, disclose, distribute or lease your personal information to carefully selected, unless you tell us that you do not wish this to happen, for the following purposes.
· Enable confidential market research to be conducted on behalf of the potential lender.
· Enable the provisions of services you have requested.
· Provide statistical information to third parties and business partners.
· Improve current services and offer new services.
You have a right of access under the Data Protection Act to information we hold about you on our records. The Act allows us to charge a fee for this service. Please email us at email@example.com to access information we hold on you.
You agree that we may disclose any information requested or required relating to you to any regulatory authority to which we are subject or to any person in power to require such information by or under any legal enactment or where a third party has provided to our reasonable satisfaction written confirmation that it genuinely and reasonably believes your use of the site has been defamatory or otherwise unlawful and further that the disclosure of your data is necessary:
a) for the purpose of, or in connection with, any legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings), or b) for the purpose of obtaining legal advice, or is otherwise necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights.
Discover the Garden of England is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We will take all reasonable steps to safeguard the security and confidentiality of any information you provide to us. We cannot however guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of providing information over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security or disclosure of information unless we have been proved to be negligent.
Once we receive your information, in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on line.
Discover the Garden of England reserves the right to monitor and intercept communications for lawful business purposes.
6. Linked Websites
In order to assist your navigation of this web site and our prevention of fraud we may send 'cookies' from this web site to your computer. Cookies are files that store information on your hard drive or browser that means that our website can recognise that you have visited our website before. They make it easier for you to maintain your preferences on the website, and by seeing how you use the website, we can tailor the website around your preferences and measure usability of the website. Cookies allow us to save your password, if you are a registered user so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you use our website. You can, should you choose, disable the cookies from your browser and delete all cookies currently stored on your computer. No information obtained from the cookie will be used by us for marketing purposes.